Prices and Packages
Merchants Court Wedding
This is our stylish but simple signature wedding, for those who want a romantic and private celebration, either alone or with up to 4 guests. We use our historic Old Merchants’ Court (“Den Gamle Koebmandsgaard”) in the heart of the old town, where you have the lovely Wedding Room to yourselves, with time to enjoy the occasion and share a toast. The Registrar comes to our private wedding room for the service, and Louise or Yuki are on hand throughout to help. It includes:
- Personal assistance with all the paperwork, which is checked, submitted to the registry office and approved long before you set off for Aeroe
- One marriage license immediately, in 5 languages, to take with you
- All fees and taxes, and the price is of course per couple
- Witnesses if required
- We’ll be on hand the day before to assist with the arrangements and check you in with your original documents
- Private use of the Wedding Room, decorated with fresh flowers, in the Old Merchants’ Court
- A bottle of Champagne for a toast after the ceremony
- A booking service for any extras such as the hair stylist, beautician, or vintage car (see prices below)
- Help and advice with travel and accommodation, but these are NOT included in the price
Merchants Court Plus
If you have more than 4 guests (the Wedding Room can take a maximum of 30) but still want the charm of a Merchants Court Wedding.
***PAYMENT – PLEASE LOOK AT TRANSFERRING TO ONE OF OUR TRANSFERWISE ACCOUNTS IN USA, GERMANY, UK OR AUSTRALIA BEFORE USING PAYPAL OR PLANNING TO USE A CREDIT CARD – IT IS BETTER AND CHEAPER!***
We have some lovely locations around the island for those who want to get married outdoors, or just want somewhere different. Favourites include the beach, with our own private beach house, and the lighthouse. Please see our Inspiration page too. The Location Wedding is aimed at smaller groups; if you are planning lots of guests and have other requirements such as a reception then you probably need our Personal Planning Service – see www.danishislandweddings.com.
Extras – we can provide all the following and more (see the Inspiration page for pictures), and will be happy to provide prices when you get in touch:
- Wedding cake
- Custom bouquet
- Vintage car
- Horse and carriage
- Wedding photographer
Personal Wedding Planning
See our personal planning website www.danishislandweddings.com
You may feel you need the unlimited time, skill and knowledge of a dedicated personal wedding planner. With our Personal Planning Service we can provide whatever you want. We know the island better than anyone, including the best locations and the best people, to provide you with the wedding you want. Our locations are the beautiful beach villa Strandskoven (for 30-80 guests), the rustic gardens at Sigridsminde (up to 12) and the country farm by the sea, Vesteraas (20-80). The price includes:
- A dedicated Personal Planner who will organise and help with every aspect of the wedding. Organising your fairytale wedding takes time as well as knowledge, and that is what we will provide. We have our own flower arrangers, cake makers and decoration experts, and have special relations or exclusive arrangements with the best the island can offer, as well as unrivalled experience and skill. Do take time to look at our facebook, instagram and pinterest pages to see what we can do.
- Additionally, of course, you get the same unrivalled help with the basic documentation as you would get with our other packages, and the best possible advice on travel and accommodation.
A note on prices
Prices are per couple, including VAT/MOMS, all fees, and (until end 2018) an apostille from the Danish Foreign Ministry. So the only additional costs you need to consider are for accommodation (around €100 per couple per night), meals, and transport (including ferry – €40 return for car with 2 passengers)
Apostilles and legalisation
From 1 January the Danish government is almost doubling the basic marriage licence fee (from 870 DKK to over 1600 DKK). It is too much for us to simply absorb, and we don’t want to put our basic prices up. We have therefore decided instead to make a charge for the apostille, which up to 31 Dec 2018 we have included in the price. Most agencies already charge extra for apostilles, and any couple registering the marriage within the EU does not require an apostille anyway.
- an apostilled on your marriage certificate, for countries outside the EU:
- 2018 – included
- from 1 Jan 2019 – €200 (see explanation above)
- an express apostille service …….€200
- full legalisation………………from €550, depending on the country (only certain countries e.g. UAE) require this