DANISH ISLAND WEDDINGS – fairytale weddings on Aeroe
We offer the best service in Denmark for international couples who want to get married on Aeroe. We can help whether you want a simple quick wedding without guests or fuss, or something amazing and stylish with lots of guests, or something in-between!
Why get married in Denmark with Danish Island Weddings?
- Danish Island Weddings is the best-rated wedding agency in Denmark (TrustPilot 5 star)
- Danish Island Weddings is the only agency with an office right here on Aeroe with its own hairdressers, beautician, bouquet-makers and private wedding room
- Our home island of Aeroe is the most romantic location in Denmark – and we have exclusive use of the most beautiful locations
- We can organise weddings for eloping couples or big parties, as simple or elaborate as you wish. If you have big plans see our other website https://www.danishislandweddings.com/
- Our prices are clear and upfront, and include all taxes and fees – we don’t do hidden “add-ons”
- We are also the leading experts on unusual or difficult documentation – with experience from over 2700 weddings and 177 different nationalities.
- Denmark is the easiest place in Europe to get married – and Aeroe is the most charming
- Please see our film, (below) and follow our Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook pages to view the latest weddings gallery from Denmark.
The Danish Island Weddings film
Latest News – Update 19th Sept 2020
- Weddings are in full swing again! – we are now well into “post-covid” weddings and it is all going well. BUT the travel advice changes every week so you do need to be prepared for changes.
- The Danish covid travel guidance is revised on Thursdays (effective Saturdays). Unfortunately the list of OK countries has shrunk again as rates rise in much of Europe, with Switzerland, Portugal, NL and Austria now not OK as well. So Denmark is currently open (Europe first) to Scandinavian, Baltic, British, Bulgarian, Greek, Irish, Italian, Polish, Australian, Canadian, Georgian, Japanese, NZ, S Korean, Thai, Tunisian and Uruguayan residents. Some of these however may have restrictions on your return there. To keep an eye on the situation for your country see the Danish Police website (in English).
- Lots of couples ask about covid on Ærø. The island had 6 cases in total, all returning holiday makers back in March. Since then the island has been covid-free, but rates in Denmark are rising. New restrictions from 1200 today will not affect your wedding with us directly, but you will notice staff in restaurants and bars wearing masks, and face masks are now mandatory on public transport, including our ferries.
- Ferries are free, or very cheap, during September. This is part of the government’s stimulus package. But you must book online (or by phone), and ideally check the website https://aeroe-ferry.dk/en/ before you travel. Face masks are now compulsory on the ferry so come prepared.
- Some light relief – a lovely article about Ærø, Louise and DIW appeared in the upmarket travel online magazine Suitcase. It’s also on our Blog (on our other website).
- Having difficulty marrying as an international couple? While we all currently have more time for more reading than we really wanted, you might be interested in our thoughts on “International Marriage and Human Rights” in our Blog on our other website.