Contact, Payment, Links
- Danish Island Weddings, Torvet 5, 5970 Ærøskøbing, Denmark
- Tel: 0045 + 25566442
- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
BANK DETAILS AND PAYMENT ADVICE
- We have found the best way for couples to pay is through TransferWise. It is much cheaper and gives better exchange rates than regular transfers. Throguh TransferWise we now have bank accounts in USA, UK, Germany and Australia, so from those countries you can make a local transfer with minimum fees. More accounts to follow soon. We will send the details you need with your invoice, or please ask us.
- Second best is a regular IBAN international transfer in kroner to our Danish account, or € to our German account.
- You are also welcome to pay with cash or credit card on arrival on Ærø the day before the wedding.
- Last resort – we also take payments through PayPal but do charge extra as their fees are eye-watering.
- http://www.camillajorvad.com/ – Camilla – Ærøs best photographer – works exclusively on Aeroe for DIW.
- http://www.kmfotoweddings.com/contact/ – Kim has a different, lighter style; also wonderful and exclusive to DIW.
- http://www.jensjuulchristensen.com/links. Jens is a good local photographer too, with a more classic style – please ask for details.
Places to stay within walking distance of the Registry Office and Old Merchants’ Court
- http://www.vestergade44.com – Beautiful old guesthouse in Aeroeskoebing. Has awards from TripAdvisor for the best service in Denmark. Highly recommended. (Rick Steves stays here – see below)
- http://www.andelenguesthouse.com/ Cool place, well run, great location. Another TripAdvisor award-winner. Highly recommended.
- https://aeroegkg.com/loft/ The wonderful Loft apartment in the Merchants Court itself – book through us at DIW. Superb and spacious with amazing views over the rooftops. Highly recommended.
- http://www.det-lille-hotel.dk/en/ the Lille Hotel is reopening 1st December with new owners. The website is not fully updated yet but it will be a great place to stay and the restaurant (we have already tried it) is excellent.
- http://www.cafe-aroma.dk/cafeen.aspx Apartments, a great cafe and a fish restaurant in the summer. Recommended
- http://paatorvet.dk/ferielejligheder/?lang=en beautiful self-catering apartments behind a very smart new cafe. Recommended.
Places to stay further out (you’ll need a car, bike or bus)
- www.bakkehuset-aeroe.dk – Luxury B&B situated in stunning countryside – highly recommended.
- www.harmoni-aeroe.dk – Relaxed and funky B&B in the countryside, serves organic breakfast
- www.ruhetgaard.dk – Modern self catering apartment in the countryside
- www.hoteldamgaarden.dk – Good quality holiday apartments not far from Aeroeskoebing
Places to stay in Svendborg (the main ferry port to Aeroe)
- Udsigten – we’ve had several recommendations for this good value B&B. Worth looking at if you are overnighting in Svendborg before the ferry trip.
- Hotel Aero -more expensive, but very nice and bang slap next to the ferry. Also friendly for teas or a meal.
- Ude og Hjemme – article and film clip of the girls at work
- Lightfoottravel – Dubai, Hong Kong and Singapore based travel blog.
- New York Times Aug 2016 – all about Ærø and Danish Island Weddings
- FlyAwayBride.com covered Lisa and Marco’s wedding (May 2015) at length
- South Denmark Business of the Year 2015 Louise receiving her award on behalf of Danish Island Weddings and Den Gamle Koebmandsgaard (the Old Merchants’ Court)
- Norwegian Weddings – Camilla is one of the 3 best wedding photographers in Scandinavia
- Familie Journal ran a nice article on Louise and Danish Island Weddings back in 2009.
- Webchannel had a story about Louise winning the Aeroe “Business of the Year 2008”
- TV2, one of the Danish national TV channels, did a story on Louise too
- Rick Steves, the well-known US travel writer, loves Aeroe and Vestergade 44.
- Turist Erria – Aeroe tourist website for tours and information
- Visit Aeroe – Aeroe official website
- Fylla – Your wedding reception on board a tall ship.
- Starling Air – Ærø’s own airline; travel to Ærø in style or get married aloft!
- www.toytowngermany.com – Forum for English speakers in Germany.
- www.drømmekjoler.dk – beautiful wedding dresses
- http://www.aeroe-ferry.dk – Ærø ferry schedule and bookings
- http://advokatfyn.dk/ – The notaire here in Aeroskoebing.