Get married in Denmark - fairytale weddings on Ærø Get married in Denmark with award-winning Danish Island Weddings - quickly, easily and romantically, whatever your nationality. Call Louise or Yuki on +45 25566442 or email us at email@example.com
Why choose Ærø to get married?
Couples choose Denmark because it is probably the simplest place in the world to get married. The Danes are sensible people and don’t like to see the course of true love stopped by endless bureaucracy. At the same time Denmark is a respected and trusted country, which means there are no doubts about the legality or international acceptability of the marriage. There are many places in Denmark to get married, but Ærø is special; there is the old town of Ærøskøbing – award-winning and historic; there is the island, with its lovely countryside, beautiful beaches and wonderful sea views; and not least, the friendliness of the local people. Ærø is also special for wedding couples because our local authorities work hard to be as helpful as possible, and special because of the reputation of Danish Island Weddings. Denmark is great if you want to avoid stress and bureaucracy when you get married – but on Ærø you can have all that and a romantic and enjoyable Scandinavian experience as well.
Queen Margrethe II’s visit to the Old Merchants’ Court
You might enjoy this film of HM Queen Margrethe II of Denmark who came to see the Old Merchants’ Court, where our office and our beautiful Wedding Room are. This clip shows Queen Margrethe leaving the Old Merchants’ Court – with Louise (peach jacket) and John bidding her farewell.
NEED TO KNOW MORE? Click HERE to contact Danish Island Weddings
What they say about us
- Lisa & Marco, US & Germany, May 2015 “…the most beautiful, fun and unique garden wedding I could have hoped for….thank you so much for your awesome professional and fun attitude throughout….getting married on this gem of an island was a fairytale come true…” See their report also at http://flyawaybride.com/danish-wedding-on-aero-island/
- Debra & Andrew UK (but living in Kuwait) Apr 2015 “… so delighted with our wedding on Aero, you exceeded ALL our expectations and made our day so very special. Thank you for all your hard work and for making us feel like the only couple who ever mattered, I think that is what makes all the difference, we felt very special. You do an amazing job and to anyone reading this and considering Aero as a wedding destination…go for it, you won’t regret it!”
- Maria & Nick, Russia & UK Aug 2014 “…we had a fantastic time and we have beautiful memories from the ceremony, reception, and Aeroe itself. All our guests commented how perfect the organisation of the day was…”
Stop Press Updated 23rd November (Blog)
- TV Documentary – DR1 (the Danish equivalent of BBC1) made a 3 part documentary about Louise, Danish Island Weddings and Ærø. Part 1 went out on on Thurday 15th…..click here to see it. Part 2 went out 22 Oct – click here to see Part II…and the final part went out 29 Oct…see here…Louise is now officially famous (in Denmark at least). She is also in this week’s Billed Bladet, a sort of Danish “Hello” – see the Blog
- Wall Street Journal New article about us in the Wall Street Journal, even if we do not quite agree with all of it!! (A contrived attempt to make a parallel with Las Vegas which is a bit thin and tiresome…)
- Christmas!! Seems early to be worrying about Christmas – but the registry office takes a long (well-deserved) break 19 Dec to 5 Jan
Film – a Wedding in the Old Merchants’ Court.
Kathryn and Andrew (Germany & Australia, resident in Dubai) got married with Danish Island Weddings in the Old Merchants’ Court in Aeroeskoebing. The film was made by Helle Toft at Spor Media. (Click on the title to see full screen)
How to choose a wedding agency
Things we think you should consider are:
- Service – our wedding is really important – will we be personally looked after? One of us will look after you from start to finish, and we try to answer every email or call helpfully and professionally.
- Trust – can you trust this firm – who are they? You can see what people write about us on Facebook and in our Guestbook. We invite all our couples to assess us using the independent review system, TrustPilot. We are a family firm, registered in Denmark, with proper offices in Aeroeskoebing.
- Experience – does this firm really know what it is doing? We have helped around 2000 couples get married since 2008. We were the first wedding company on Aeroe and have been working closely with the registry office here for 7 years. And Louise has just won the award for the “Business of the year in Southern Denmark 2015″.
- Location – where is this firm based? This is really important – we are right here where you are going to get married, so we personally clear your paperwork with the registry office and are on hand when you arrive to help in any way required.
- Prices – do I know what I am getting? We have a simple and clear pricing policy so you know exactly what you will be paying. Our prices include all taxes, fees, an apostille, and are (of course!) per couple.
- Accommodation – where will I stay? We only recommend places to stay that we genuinely approve of, and which are conveniently located for your wedding. Most of them are within walking distance of the registry office, the ferry, and the Old Merchants’ Court.
- People –I like to know who I am dealing with! It’s important on a personal issue like marriage to know who is looking after you. You can see pictures of us, and read about us, on our “About Us“ page and our facebook page.